National Salvage Yards Directory
Vehicle salvage yards do not have to mean a dump of undriveable hunk of metal wreckage. Many salvaged cars can be restored to working condition without too much effort and expense. There are various categories of vehicle salvage, based on the level of damage to the car. Category A vehicles are the stereotypical heap of metal salvage and are only useful for certain types of parts. Category B is still considered undriveable, but enough parts can generally be salvaged to resell at a profit.
The first level of salvage where the car may be repairable is Category C. There is still extensive damage at this level, but it can be fixed. Category C salvage vehicles are still usually a money loser unless you can do significant parts of the work yourself. You may get halfway through the repair job and realize that you are better off just salvaging the vehicle for parts. Category D means that the vehicle is repairable and that the repair costs will be less than the sale value, ensuring you make a profit on the transaction. Category X vehicles are basically undamaged and have simply been stolen or unclassified as salvage as the result of being involved in an accident.
Welcome New Companies:
Used Auto Parts, Used Car Parts, Used Truck Parts, Used Parts For Sale BC Auto Used Auto Part has them all, engine, transmission, body part, clip, do...Zion, IL
From Our Blog:
Top Tips For Using A Salvage Yard
Salvage yards can be intimidating for many consumers, but the truth is salvage yards can also be one of the easiest places where consumers can save money on parts for their automobiles. Salvage yards can also be great places to make a little extra money. If you can find inexpensive parts to restore a vehicle, you can then sell that vehicle for a profit. Any consumer who knows his or her way... Continue Reading
Welcome new salvage pro's!
- La Paz Auto Wreckingin San Diego, CA
- Garmater's Auto Salvage Incin Harlan, IN
- Morgan Marinein Green Cove Springs, FL
- Lou's Auto Partsin Trainer, PA
- Martin Supply Incin Windsor, CO
- Baskerville Auto Salvagein Portland, TN
- Marc's Auto Recycling Center Incin Morrisville, PA
- Fast Auto Wreckingin Duarte, CA
- C Bonner & Son Auto Crushingin Troup, TX
- Speedway Auto Dismantlingin Ridgecrest, CA
- Courrege's Wrecking Yardin New Iberia, LA
- Geauga Lake Auto Salesin Mantua, OH
- Best Used Auto Partsin Frederick, MD
- Kleberg Auto Salvagein Dallas, TX
- Roberson Marine Servicein Port Aransas, TX