National Salvage Yards Directory
Vehicle salvage yards do not have to mean a dump of undriveable hunk of metal wreckage. Many salvaged cars can be restored to working condition without too much effort and expense. There are various categories of vehicle salvage, based on the level of damage to the car. Category A vehicles are the stereotypical heap of metal salvage and are only useful for certain types of parts. Category B is still considered undriveable, but enough parts can generally be salvaged to resell at a profit.
The first level of salvage where the car may be repairable is Category C. There is still extensive damage at this level, but it can be fixed. Category C salvage vehicles are still usually a money loser unless you can do significant parts of the work yourself. You may get halfway through the repair job and realize that you are better off just salvaging the vehicle for parts. Category D means that the vehicle is repairable and that the repair costs will be less than the sale value, ensuring you make a profit on the transaction. Category X vehicles are basically undamaged and have simply been stolen or unclassified as salvage as the result of being involved in an accident.
From Our Blog:
Saving Money By Using A Salvage Yard
The salvage yard may have an unnecessarily bad and unfair reputation. Often, consumers consider salvage yards to be the equivalent of garbage dumps for automobiles. While it is true that some of the vehicles in a salvage yard are destined for nothing but the trash heap, there is a wide variety of parts and automobiles that can be used for a purpose other than filling up a dump. When you visit a... Continue Reading
Welcome new salvage pro's!
- Dennies Towingin Gainesville, TX
- Donate Cars Car Donationin Lakewood, NJ
- Prime Auto Salvagein Fort Lauderdale, FL
- SEY Bo's Salvage & Rebuildersin Girard, KS
- R & D Communicationsin New Berlin, WI
- North End Auto Parts Incin Meriden, CT
- Brinckman's Auto Salvagein Michigan City, IN
- Talarico Brothersin Jersey City, NJ
- All KARS Auto Wreckingin Coachella, CA
- Big Jim's Auto Wreckingin Salem, OR
- Towboat US Savannahin Savannah, GA
- 290 Auto Salvagein Brenham, TX
- Jim's Sales Incin Grafton, OH
- Aqua City Scubain Waterville, ME
- Global Diving & Salvagein Wappingers Falls, NY