National Salvage Yards Directory
Vehicle salvage yards do not have to mean a dump of undriveable hunk of metal wreckage. Many salvaged cars can be restored to working condition without too much effort and expense. There are various categories of vehicle salvage, based on the level of damage to the car. Category A vehicles are the stereotypical heap of metal salvage and are only useful for certain types of parts. Category B is still considered undriveable, but enough parts can generally be salvaged to resell at a profit.
The first level of salvage where the car may be repairable is Category C. There is still extensive damage at this level, but it can be fixed. Category C salvage vehicles are still usually a money loser unless you can do significant parts of the work yourself. You may get halfway through the repair job and realize that you are better off just salvaging the vehicle for parts. Category D means that the vehicle is repairable and that the repair costs will be less than the sale value, ensuring you make a profit on the transaction. Category X vehicles are basically undamaged and have simply been stolen or unclassified as salvage as the result of being involved in an accident.
From Our Blog:
The Different Salvage Yard Vehicle Categories
Most salvage yards do not simply consist of heaps of twisted metal and scrap piles that are barely recognizable has former vehicles. In fact, many salvage yards have a wide variety of vehicles of all states of disrepair or decay, and these same salvage yards usually have an efficient organizational system for the cars on their lots. Different salvaged cards are assigned different categories... Continue Reading
Welcome new salvage pro's!
- West Auto Recycling LLCin Scipio, IN
- G & C Auto & Salvagein Humboldt, IA
- Underwater criminal Investigation & Recovery Services, LLCin Karnak, IL
- Able Auto Salvagein Tulsa, OK
- South Hill Auto & Truckin Puyallup, WA
- Lackey Auto Salvagein Palmyra, MO
- Three Mad Men Auto Salvagein Montville, CT
- Sea Tow Orlando Lakesin Winter Garden, FL
- Hemminger Auto & Truck Incin Friedens, PA
- Pasco Auto Salvagein Hudson, FL
- Dewland Auto Bodyin North Bergen, NJ
- Wholesale Auto Partsin Bellingham, WA
- Bell's Trucks & Vansin Sun Valley, CA
- R & D Communicationsin New Berlin, WI
- Cox Brothers Kivett Dr Motorin High Point, NC